Monday, October 26, 2009

The truth and nothing but the truth


Why do we choose to study journalism? Is it to become the new voice of South Africa or just so we, as individuals, can be heard. Well, for me, it was about writing what I wanted to write about and to do so by writing the way I wanted to. Shortly after I got to Rhodes I realized that this was not how it was going to be.

I thought being a journalist was about writing about our personal feelings and emotions on a certain topic but it seems to appear completely different. To be a journalist one has to be completely objective and show no emotions. What happened to knowing the truth? Isn’t that what journalist were there for, to tell the people the truth? If the people cannot even get the truth out of the journalists then there is no way the truth will ever be revealed.

It disturbs me to know that journalist couldn’t care about the right thing to do or have a conscience about the lies the make people believe. It’s not only journalist but the whole world. I sometimes sit and wonder about what the world would be like if everyone told the truth and nothing but the truth. The lives of many have been jeopardized by the over exaggerated “truth” written by journalist just to make money. I am one of the most honest peopleand I just don’t understand how people can go about living their lives as a complete and utter lie! That really ticks me off!!

By Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment